Monday, April 6, 2009

Brain Dumping Time


Apparently this blog is becoming a place for me to spill all the thoughts in my head into one place, at one time. So here goes tonight's session...

Today was opening day for Major League Baseball. My beloved Dodgers were in San Diego to start the season and they won 4-1. Kemp looked impressive in the field and with the bat as he smashed a HR to deep centerfield. Broxton looked good as the closer too. He hit 99 and 100 on the radar gun.

Tonight was also the first day for a new show that I will be watching regularly simply because it stars Bob Saget. Surviving Suburbia premiered tonight and I thought it was really funny. After just recently seeing him do his live stand up act, I kept picturing him saying really dirty things and making obscene hand gestures. That was funny in my head too. 9:30 Monday nights after the horrible DWTS.

Over the weekend I finally went to Best Buy to spend my gift cards that I got for my birthday. My birthday was in February, so I'm a little late. Anyways, I've been working out and running pretty frequently so I decided to get myself an iPod shuffle. I already have an iPod Classic (160GB) and an iPhone (3G 16GB, Black) so you might be wondering why I got a Shuffle. I looked at some reviews for an armband for my iPhone, but I didn't find any good reviews. Plus I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't like the idea of having my big iPhone strapped to my arm while running. This is why I got myself a blue 1 GB Shuffle. Not the new iPod Shuffle with no buttons on it. I don't like the idea of being locked into one pair of headphones. Plus 1 GB is plenty for my short runs, I don't need 4 GB. And I like the color blue.

After Best Buy, I went to Target to buy some new music with a gift card that I've had sitting in my wallet since Christmas. Anybody seeing a theme here? Yeah, I don't go shopping much. So I get there and find two new cds with girls for lead singers, Lily Allen and the Ting Tings. I go to pay and find out that my gift card is empty. I forgot that I spent it in February buying myself Mario Kart Wii online. Oh well, two cds $24 even. I like the cds, so I didn't care.

I'm still working on my playlist of songs for my "Run Pod" which is fun. I listen to 2-3 seconds of songs in my library and know right away if it will be a motivating song for me to run to. I'm sick with music. I can't remember what I did with a friend last week, but I'll know every word to a song I haven't heard for over 10 years.

And last but not least, I had the correct response to the Final Jeopardy clue tonight. What is the speed of light? Suck it Trebek!! I'm out.

No comments: